Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Little Boy Blue ~ Robin's Nest DT Project

Some of the items we are featuring this month at The Robin's Nest are the new Special Delivery Baby sets.  I chose the Special Delivery Baby Boy set for my project.  I decided to do a one page, 8 x 8 layout and showcase it in a square frame.  I absolutely love the way it came out!


 
I used the following items in my post (click below to see the paper on the Robin's Nest website):
 


I started by distressing a piece of blue cardstock by sanding it and then adhering it to a piece of chipboard.  Next, I cut a rectangle out of the Rocking Horse Specialty Paper (no measuring, just a quick couple of cuts).   I cut various pieces from the Special Delivery Boy Paper and used distress ink to age them.  My cut pieces were all triangle type shapes (nothing exact).  I glued the Special Delivery paper (face down) to the underside of the opening in the Rocking Horse paper (wide end glued down).  I then used a few different trims I had in my stash to surround the opening, and then glued the smaller end of the Special Delivery pieces down around the trimmed out area.  I completed my layout by adding a "Little Treasure" tag  and then adhering the Rocking Horse portion to the solid cardstock  portion and then adding the piece as a whole to my frame.  I just love the colors and the way the frame gives it such a finished look. 



In these last pictures I added a piece of scrap paper to show how you would just insert your photo and glue it down . . . or I was thinking about gluing a mini clothespin at the top of the opening so that you could even change out the photo.  What do you think?






Make sure to leave me a comment and let me know what you think.  Thanks for stopping by; make sure to hop over to the Robin's Nest Website to check out the New Baby Boy and Baby Girl Special Delivery sets.

~ Make Today Count
Wendy

www.scrappinwendysway.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment