Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Amazing Mold Putty Design Team Call



This year was my first year to go to CHA and I was amazed at all the fun and wonderful things I saw there.  At one booth I found and purchased some Amazing Mold Putty and Casting Resin.





I had absolutely no idea what I was in for!  I have had so much fun since I started "playing" with these products.  The first thing I ever tried was an anniversary gift for my husband. Where I made a mold of a bronze mermaid bottle opener, a brooch, and a metal flower.  I used these to create a faux tarnished bronze box (I am posting a picture, to see the "how-to" instructions go to May, 2011 on this blog and you will be able to find it).
 

I was so impressed with what I was able to create and couldn't help thinking how endless the possibilities were.  I started playing further. . .
 
One thing I really hate is when I only have one of something and I'm afraid to use it because I might "need" it again on some other project later.  For example, my husband collects odd, antique keys (I do a lot of cowboy scrapbooking with pictures of my son).  For each key I only get one, but with Amazing Mold Putty and Casting Resin, I can have as many as I want!  Check out these keys . . . can you tell which one is the original?
 


Now, not only can I make duplicates for myself, but if I want to make them for a class I'm teaching at my local scrapbook store I CAN!  This opens a ton of doors since there are always items I want to use but there is no way I can get 5 or 10 of them for a class because they are one-of-a-kind items I've purchased at a thrift shop or antique shop.  Because my style lends itself more to these one-of-a-kind items, I am wondering now what I ever did before I found these products - lol!

In the picture below, you can definitely tell which pocket watch is the original, but which one do you like better?  Me?  I like the one I made.  I was able to paint and distress the resin version in a way I could never do with the real metal.  I was able to choose my watch face and ink it up too. I absolutely love this and am saving it to use on something for my father.

 
 
The next picture is of all the items I made on this particular day.  Check out the button.  The frame is the perfect size for a pack of tiny cameos I purchased.  I now can "set" them in any color frame I choose, i.e. gold, copper, bronze, silver . . . I am limited only by the colors I have on hand.
 
 

In the pictures below you can see the process (ignore the messy craft mat - again, I am messy when I craft):






 







 


I hope you derive a little inspiration from this and that it gives you just a taste of what you can do.  All you need is a little imagination . . . and some Amazing Mold Putty and Resin! Check out their blog here Amazing Mold Putty Blog and their product website here Amazing Crafting Products.

~ Make Today Count
Wendy
 











 
 


http://amazingmoldputty.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

  1. thanks for you submission to be apart of the AMP DT..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! We will have to have a mold making party and swap since we live so close. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE what you have created, Wendy!! I can see why you made the team! I look forward to seeing more from you during your term!!

    ReplyDelete