Thursday, August 2, 2012

Travel Junk Journal - a Few More Pages

I guess I should have started these posts with some info on creating this junk journal eh?  I'm a little backwards, what's new . . .

This journal is pretty eclectic (to say the least).  I have used so many different paper lines and products, I couldn't begin to list them all.  So, that being said, if there is anything specific you want to know about, please message and ask me - I am happy to figure it out if I don't know off the top of my head.

This page is a pocket page I created by adhering two pages together back-to-back (leaving the top open of course).  These I actually adhered using Tim Holtz tissue tape on the bottom and right and binding on the left.  This is the first "real" page and shows the van at 10:00 p.m. just after I'd finished packing it.  There is not one small nook or cranny left to be found - we are packed solid!  I embellished this page with a die cut that looks like my minivan (I got the die at scrapbuck.com for $1 and since I do have a van, even if I only use it a couple of times, it's way worth it), and some cut outs from a patterned paper pack and one sticker from a Simple Stories sticker sheet.

This journal has different sized pages and pockets.  The page below is a tag (5x7) for a 6x9 pocket page.  The tag itself contains a map of the US (minus Alaska and Hawaii).  As we drove through a state, my 8 year old colored in that state.  As we spotted license plates on our drive, we circled them on our map (we did pretty well I think).  On the flip side we listed the places we stopped along the way.


This page is a plain (well except for the busy pattern - lol) piece of scrapbook paper (not a pocket page).  To create the pocket I simply trimmed a mini paper bag and use my circle punch at the top.  I used a faux Polaroid and some misc. embellishments to create kind of a collage.


I love this page . . . not even for the pictures, but that I love the file folder!  I used a zebra file folder and cut the fold off (about 2"), took a few inches off of the end as well, and then adhered it back together with Scor tape where the fold was as well as at the two sides which are now the top and bottom.  I used a distressed mini file folder label from Simple Stories and a matching zebra binder clip.  That's it.  These photos are my son at the start of Main Street in Deadwood, South Dakota.  Yes, yes, I know how well those shorts go with the whole cowboy look.

This page is the back side of the pocket page with the loaded minivan picture.  Driving along the road in Kanosh, Utah, we spotted a twister and I caught a picture with my phone (um . . . you just don't see those in the OC).  I merely added a journaling tag (plain white cardstock) and a cutout from patterned paper.


So those are my pages for today, I have a couple more finished that I will post soon.  But on August 5th I will have my new Robin's Nest DT project posted.  Be sure to come check it out.

~ Make Today Count
Wendy







No comments:

Post a Comment