Sunday, July 1, 2012

Let Freedom Ring! Robin's Nest Design Team Post

Hey everone, I am so excited to share my first Robin's Nest Design Team post!  With July 4th rapidly approaching, I felt it only appropriate to use the fun and glittery Robin's Nest Washington D.C. line.  What a fun easy way to decorate for a 4th of July picnic!  You could use this 4th of July bag for popcorn, or fill it with sand to display mini flags, or even to line your walkway (fill with sand and add a tea light at the top) with different pictures from holidays past on each bag.  There are so many way you could use this.



I started with this fabulous picture of my friend's two adorable grandchildren. . . How could I go wrong?


I pulled out my Robin's Nest supplies and laid them out. 



 I decided I would do a layered mat and cut squares from the Glitter Blue Stars Border paper, the Glittered Blue Chipboard and the Glitter Wite on White paper in varying sizes.  I laid them out on the paper bag to get an indea of how large to make them and where to place them.


Next, distress the edges with a distress tool or a pair of sharp scissors, curling up the edges with your fingers as you go.  Adhere the squares together with your picture on top.


Lastly, adhere the matted photo to the bag.  Choose what phrase you like best from the Glitter America Words paper and cut it out into a banner and distress the edges, curling them up as you go, just as you did with the photo and mats.  I glued my banner at an angle just under the corner of the photo mat and added a red snippet of fabric, attached with my Stars RN Paper Clip.  For an extra wow, adde a Glitter Firework Diecut with some red Dew Drops in the center just under the top left corner of the photo mat.  After folding the top down a bit, the bag was ready to serve popcorn to the most discriminating 4th of July picnic crowd!  Let me know if you try this . . . I would love to see your version!


Close-ups:



Here are the supplies I used:

Glitter White on White paper
Glitter Blue Stars Border paper
Glitter Blue Chipboard
Glitter America Words paper
Stars RN Paper Clips
Glitter Die Cut Fireworks

They can all be found on the Robin's Nest website here:   http://robinsnest-scrap.com/

Also, check out their blog here:  http://chatteringrobins.blogspot.com/


2 comments: