Monday, April 30, 2012

More Metal Art - Book Corners

I know all of us love the Tim Holtz metal book corners (who wouldn't?). But if your local hobby store never has any in stock like (like mine) what's a girl (or guy) to do? Well I'll tell ya what I've come up with; and I think it's pretty ingenious if I do say so myself!












For this project you will need a good sized photo corner die or punch (i used the quickutz photo corners - smallest of the three), some cardstock scraps, sizzix machine of some kind, an embossing folder with a floral or paisley type pattern and some black paint...and some metal plumbers tape of course. That's it.

Start by taping some strips of the metal tape down to cardstock (I used black scraps). Next, cut four corners with your punch or die. Place all four corners in your embossing folder and emboss (if you emboss and then cut it flattens the pattern). Next paint with black paint - count to 3 and wipe off - leaving paint in the recessed areas. I made a bunch because you can store them flat. When you are ready to use them, you glue them on leaving enough border to roll around the back of your page (the scalloped edge on my die gives a nice finished look on the inside cover too!).

While I came up with this because they were out of stock, I'm so happy I did- I can make any size I want and color with alcohol inks too. If you try them send me a note I would love to see what you came up with!






Make today count ~
Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment