Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Steampunk Birthday Mini Altered Chipboard

I altered a mini clipboard easel I picked up at Michaels for a friend's birthday (then my son got sick and I missed her party, so hopefully I can give it to her soon!) I used graphic45 Steampunk Debutante and DCWV Tattered Time papers and fussy cut out the pieces I wanted. I started by painting and inking the clipboard and then arranging the figure similar to the tags I did for Velma's January tag swap. The huge difference on this one is that I actually took apart an old wrist watch and glossy accented on some gears and metal from the watch. I embellished the metal portion of the clipboard using different trims and beads. I created the sprays using clear faceted beads and pearl beads. I finished it off with a bit of ribbon, and some more watch parts (oh yeah and a few paper flowers) and that was it! It really is prettier in person where you can see how it opens and closes, but maybe I'll have time to shoot a video before I see my friend.






Well tonight I need to start on a couple of scrapbooks my sister ordered, but off to work for now.

Have a great day!


Make today count ~
Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment