Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Halloween Party Goodie Bags

Okay, this is just my prototype.  That being said, below is the goodie bag I've designed for my son's second grade class this year.  Looking at it I can already see that the black topper needs to be a little shorter and my spider webs more pronounced, but here's what I did:

The Bag:

I started with the orange mini lunch bags (you can get them at Michaels in a pack of 16 for a little over $3).  I used a Martha Stewart fence border punch (40% off this week) and then just trimmed it off, inked it and glued it on the bag.  For the crow and bat images I used Martha Stewart Halloween stamps (also purchased at Michaels - 40% off this week).  I stamped the crow on cardstock, glittered it with Martha Stewart fine black glitter (there seems to be a Martha Stewart theme here, but I didn't plan it that way!) and then cut it out and set him on the fence with a 3D foam adhesive dot. 

The Topper:

The "topper" is black cardstock on which I used the Fiskars border punch "Threading Water."  I stamped spider webs on it with embossing ink and embossed with clear embossing powder (although I think I will use the thick embossing powder or maybe pearl on the next one so it shows up better).  I tied a small black bow off to the side since my border holes were not centered.  I then folded the topper and stapled it to the bag.
I then cut a scalloped circle from white cardstock using my sizzix circle frame (Michaels purchase with 50% coupon!).  I inked the scalloped edges, stamped the bat image, folded it (not right in the center or the top of the image would be cut off) and glued it onto the center of the topper.  I then used Diamond Ranger Stickles glitter glue to draw attention to the "Happy Halloween" banner.

That's it!  Only 32 more to go . . .

(Sorry this picture is crooked and not well lit - I took it with my phone late last night).

1 comment: