Tuesday, August 23, 2011

So So Busy!

Well, I haven't given up on my blog . . . really!  Now that I have been accepted by Timeless Treasures to teach some classes, I am busy developing my classes for this quarter and trying not to think about the fact that my children are starting school in a couple of weeks and my son is starting high school!  So much to think about, deal with and stress over all at once.  I always dread the end of summer, the end of an "era" in my children's lives.  This summer was different than most in that because of the new puppy, we didn't do a lot of all day outings once our road trip was over.  We didn't do as many beach trips as we normally do (big fines for puppy at the beach if you're caught).  We didn't do any Disney trips.  No Zoo.  Cheese Louise!  If it wasn't for the Kern River camping trip, the boy scout  week long camp and the Grand Canyon / Tombstone road trip, this summer would have been a bust!  Lol - I guess we did do a lot, just all at the start of summer.

I was forced to think about all we did after a discussion with Dylan.  We were watching CMT and the Trace Atkins video "Just Fishin'" was on.   If you don't listen to country music, part of the lyrics are "And she thinks we’re just fishin’ on the riverside, Throwin’ back what we could fry, Drownin’ worms and killin’ time, Nothin’ too ambitious, She ain’t even thinkin’ ‘bout, What’s really goin’ on right now, But I guarantee this memory’s a big’in, And she thinks we’re just fishin’ . . ."  Dylan watched for a few minutes and said "What is he talking about?  They are just fishing."  I then explained that he meant they were making memories.  What was my child's response you ask?  Well I'll tell you . . . he promptly looked at me and said "why don't we make any memories?"  Arrrgggghhhh!  Can you believe that?  So of course I had to go over everything we have done this summer, our regular Disney trips, our every year Maui trips. etc.!!!!  I mean seriously?  Why don't WE make memories?!?  I then ranted for an hour about memories, pictures of memories, mini scrapbooks of pictures of memories . . . blah, blah, blah. 

So on that note, I would encourage you take pictures, make scrapbooks, memorialize everything; so that when your child asks "why don't we make memories?" You can say "Ha!, look here buddy . . ."  Remember, life is not about the breaths we take that get us through the day, but the moments that take our breath away.

No comments:

Post a Comment